When to Replace
To repair or replace, that is the question that likely comes to mind whenever your heating or cooling system stops working like it should. Although repairing may be the most affordable solution now, it might not be the best choice over the long run.
Factors to consider:
Fifty Percent Rule
When the cost of repairs approaches 50% of the value of your heating or cooling system, it’s generally time to replace the system.
Other Rules of Thumb
Even if needed repair costs aren’t quite as daunting as 50%, you might want to replace your system if it’s more than 12 years old or you’ve had a history of problems with it. Also, it might be worthwhile to take advantage of one of several opportunities:
When you purchase a new system, you can avoid the hassle of unexpected repairs down the line, and you don’t have to sit around uncomfortable while waiting for parts.
Lower utility bills
A high-efficiency home comfort system from Lennox can save you hundreds of dollars each year in energy costs, compared to an older system.
Energy tax credits
You can recover up to $1,500 dollars of the cost on select high-efficiency systems in the form of tax credits. Expires Dec. 31, 2010.
Advanced technologies that improve energy efficiency also enhance your comfort, so you can enjoy more even temperatures, better humidity control and a constant flow of conditioned air.
Improved air quality
Better humidity control means a reduced potential for mold and mildew growth. Lennox home comfort systems are also available with Healthy Climate® filtration, which minimizes the impact of indoor pollutants.
For help in deciding if it’s time to replace your heating or cooling system, call to speak with a comfort advisor today!
Call any one of our convenient service areas for assistance
- Amesbury, Salisbury, Seabrook 978-462-0553
- Andover, North Andover, Methuen 978-475-0746
- Dover, Newington, Rochester 603-427-9300
- Durham, Epping, Newfields 603-964-6206
- Exeter, Brentwood, East Kingston 603-964-6206
- Georgetown, Topsfield, Boxford 978-352-4937
- Greenland, Newton, Stratham 603-964-6206
- Groveland, Merrimac 978-478-5505
- Hampton, North Hampton, Kensington 603-964-6206
- Haverhill, 978-372-3641
- Ipswich, Rowley, Byfield 978-352-4937
- Newburyport, Newbury, West Newbury 978-462-0553
- Peabody, Danvers, Middleton 978-531-2220
- Plaistow, Kingston, Hampstead 603-478-5505
- Portsmouth, Newcastle, Rye 603-427-9300