We're ready to earn your confidence and trust!
Our customers' complete and total satisfaction is why we're the # 1 Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning company on the seacoast of Mass., NH & Maine. Here are a few testimonials:
- 5 (stars)
Google | Apr 25, 2017
Within the past couple of weeks, we have had to call Simmons for plumbing and heating issues on a number of occasions. From the initial call with April, Simmons was friendly, professional, and responsive. First, we had no hot water, and April sent someone within hours to fix the problem. (She said, "Nobody wants to go without hot showers! We'll fix that right away for you!) In an age where I often find myself begging for a response from service providers, it was wonderful to feel so taken care of. Simmons also came to detach our broken gas range and then, the next day, to hook up the new one. Again, they said that they did not want us to have to go without our oven. Each person who came to our house (Craig, David) was extremely helpful (even leaving written instructions near water heater in case a problem arises in the future). We highly recommend Simmons for all of your plumbing and HVAC needs.
- 4 (stars)
Yelp | Jul 9, 2017
We have used Simmons twice being new to the area. Once for inspecting and maintenance on our air conditioning system and the second time to install a new water heater. They have been fast and reliable so far. We recommend them and expect they will continue to do a great job. We called them today because the condensing unit that pumps out the extra water from our AC is not working properly and they scheduled us for today within 4 to 5 hours from my phone call. I know this doesn't always happen but the last time over the 4th of July we called for the water heater they came within a couple of days much faster than we thought.
- 5.0 star rating
Since I purchased my condo in 2014, I have been experiencing problems with my boiler not maintaining the temperature set on the thermostat, when we would experience a prolonged cold snap with temperatures below 20F outside.
I tried making adjustments such as changing the thermostat or turning the heat up beyond my normal house temp in an effort to "ride out" cold temperatures, but the indoor temperature, even if set as high as 75F would still drop ever so slowly to 60F and sometimes 58F. No upward adjustment of the thermostat would remedy the situation. When these issues would occur, the temperatures outside would be very low, causing the service reps to make emergency calls for issues such as leaks from frozen pipes, so by the time a service rep could make a house call for me, the outside temperatures would have rose above 20F and the boiler would seem to be operating correctly.
It wasn't until I got the service repair man Craig (last name unknown) that my luck turned a round. Instead of dismissing my concerns or my historical knowledge of the situation he listened and continued to troubleshoot the system. After trying several things he opened up the front panel and noticed that the aquastat temperature dial had been turned down to 140 F. I have a Boiler with forced hot water for my heat. These systems should be set at about 180 F, and typically they are left at 180F and no further adjustments are made.
We hypothesized that the previous owner had turned the aquastat down in and effort to save money when the condo was on the market. Craig made the adjustment and replaced a reducer valve as well. My system was not originally set up properly as there is no air scoop, so the system must be purged of air at least on an annual basis or the air buildup in the lines will lower the efficiency of the system. Craig took the time to show me how to bleed the lines properly, waiting patiently while I took notes. He also explained how my system worked, the limitations, and what could be done to improve the system. I was left feeling much more knowledge about my boiler and had the confidence to do minor troubleshooting. Unfortunately, we weren't out of he woods yet. The pressure release valve blew hours after the aquastat had been turned up. I called Simmons emergency line and the gentleman on the phone was able to talk me through what to do. The success of that call was mostly due to the knowledge I had gained from the service call with Craig. I was able to turn the aquastat down and bleed the lines to reduce the pressure. Simmons sent Craig back out the next day where he replaced the reducer valve which was under warranty, and installed a larger expansion tank. Ever since that day my heat has been working properly. The expansion tank I had previously was not sized to fit the system and it was installed upside down. Craig corrected those issues explaining each step along the way. I have Simmons clean and service my unit ever year and will continue to do so thanks to the excellent service I received this year from Craig. On my own I insulated all the hot water piping that was visible in the closet where the boiler was and in the attic, as well as installing heat trapping curtains on the bedroom windows. Each day we now turn down the thermostat when we leave the house to reduce the energy consumption. This was not possible before the repairs as the heat, if cold enough outside, would not rebound if left too low. With the changes that Craig made along with the additional insulation my heating bill went down by $30-40 as compared to the same month in prior years! I am a satisfied customer and want to give full credit to the excellent service Craig provided.
- Amazing! We have been customers for over 12 years. This month (Dec 2016), as my husband just passed away, I asked a friend to disconnect the garden hoses for me (I have arthritis in the hands). He didn't do one of them. I realized it Saturday night. Tried, went to Home Depot, picked up tools and tried to take the hose off.. Would not worked. Called Simmons this morning (Sunday!).
They came, fixed it. Didn't take long but made me very happy as they didn't even charge for the job! Wish every company was like them.
Reviews from Eszter Wilson, (zip code: 03842) on 12/11/2016
- 5.0 star rating
We were in a difficult situation; our 10 year old heating/hot water system failed and found out it couldn't be repaired and needed to be replaced. We were recommended Simmons Heating Plumbing and gave them a call. Within 3 hours they were at my house going thru the options that I had available.
John spent over an hour with me going over my concerns and explaining the components of the new system I was looking to purchase.
We decided to go with Simmons Heating Plumbing and within 3 days we had our new system installed. My wife and I were delighted with the crew that installed the system. It was obvious that they were well trained, skilled and professional. Any questions my wife or I had they were happy to answer and provided a complete explanation. The install itself is so nice, its well organized and neat! We had an unplanned and very frustrating situation and Simmons Plumbing was able to correct our situation by providing excellent customer service!
- Edward S., Plaistow NH, 4/7/2016
- On one of the coldest nights of the winter our furnace broke down. Simmons Plumbing & HVAC arrived within one hour of our emergency phone call. With 2 young children, going without heat was not an option. Thank you so much.
- George and Patty, Newburyport MA
- Our water heater failed on a Saturday night. Simmons Plumbing & HVAC showed up immediately and quickly took care of the problem. They really do provide 24-7 service. Thanks Simmons Plumbing!
- Tom and Lisa, York ME.
- I'd like to thank Simmons Plumbing & HVAC for taking care of my air conditioning last July. As I am a senior citizen, I absolutely need the comfort of a cool home in the summer. Simmons is my #1 choice.
- Mary and Ed, Portsmouth NH.
- Our bathroom and kitchen remodeling projects are a stunning success thanks to Simmons Plumbing & HVAC. They came out within 1 day of our phone call and helped us to plan everything from start to finish. We love our radiant floor heating system. We highly recommend Simmons Plumbing & HVAC to all of our family and friends!
- Rob and Sheila, Middleton MA.
- Thank you so much. We spent a lot of money on this project and you have made us feel very comfortable and worry free. We are glad we went with Simmons.
-Bill, Andover MA.
- You are professionals! That’s hard to find these days. You will always be our 1st call for service and we will always recommend Simmons to anyone who asks. Thanks again.
-Doug and Patti, Newburyport MA.
- My wife Carrie and I are not only 100% satisfied with our installation, but also want to personally thank the entire Simmons organization for a job exceptionally well done.
-Tom and Carrie, Merrimac MA.
- Amesbury, Salisbury, Seabrook 978-462-0553
- Andover, North Andover, Methuen 978-475-0746
- Dover, Newington, Rochester 603-427-9300
- Durham, Epping, Newfields 603-964-6206
- Exeter, Brentwood, East Kingston 603-964-6206
- Georgetown, Topsfield, Boxford 978-352-4937
- Greenland, Newton, Stratham 603-964-6206
- Groveland, Merrimac 978-478-5505
- Hampton, North Hampton, Kensington 603-964-6206
- Haverhill, 978-372-3641
- Ipswich, Rowley, Byfield 978-352-4937
- Newburyport, Newbury, West Newbury 978-462-0553
- Peabody, Danvers, Middleton 978-531-2220
- Plaistow, Kingston, Hampstead 603-478-5505
- Portsmouth, Newcastle, Rye 603-427-9300