A furnace is a major household appliance that provides heat. For the most part furnaces provide this heat through forced hot air, unlike boilers which provide heat through both hot water and steam. You know you own a furnace if:
- While the heat is running air comes out of floor or ceiling grills.
- Air blows around the house in normal use.
- Your air conditioning comes out of the same registers.
- There is a sheet metal ducted system in the basement.
Furnaces, as well as boilers can run on different fuels, the most common is Natural gas and Oil. LP Gas, however, has become a popular replacement to Oil. In some areas of the country Oil is still popular but Oil has limitations.
One of which, is it cannot be installed in upper levels of the home.
|ENERGY STAR® Product|
|SLP98V Variable-Capacity Gas Furnace||up to 98.2||$$$|
|The quietest high-efficiency furnace you can buy1!|
|SL280V Variable Speed Gas Furnace||80||$$$|
|The quietest furnace in its class2|
|EL296V High-Efficiency, Two-Stage Gas Furnace||96||$$|
|High-efficiency, variable speed gas furnace|
|NEW EL296E High-Efficiency, Two-Stage Gas Furnace||up to 96||$$|
|Two-stage furnace with Power Saver™ technology|
|NEW EL280 Two-Stage Gas Furnace||80||$$|
|Consistent temperatures with two-stage heating|
|NEW EL180E Gas Furnace||80||$$|
|Efficient gas furnace featuring Power Saver™ technology|
|EL195E Gas Furnace||95||$$|
|Single-stage furnace with Power Saver™ technology|
|ML195 Gas Furnace||95||$|
|High-efficiency gas furnace|
|ML193 Gas Furnace||93||$|
|Economical, high-efficiency gas furnace|
|ML180 Gas Furnace||80||$|
|Economical, standard-efficiency gas heating|
|NEW SLO183V Oil Furnace||up to 83||$$$|
|Variable speed for superior comfort|
|NEW ELO183 Oil Furnaces||83||$$|
|Clean, quiet and comfortable home heating|
- Amesbury, Salisbury, Seabrook 978-462-0553
- Andover, North Andover, Methuen 978-475-0746
- Dover, Newington, Rochester 603-427-9300
- Durham, Epping, Newfields 603-964-6206
- Exeter, Brentwood, East Kingston 603-964-6206
- Georgetown, Topsfield, Boxford 978-352-4937
- Greenland, Newton, Stratham 603-964-6206
- Groveland, Merrimac 978-478-5505
- Hampton, North Hampton, Kensington 603-964-6206
- Haverhill, 978-372-3641
- Ipswich, Rowley, Byfield 978-352-4937
- Newburyport, Newbury, West Newbury 978-462-0553
- Peabody, Danvers, Middleton 978-531-2220
- Plaistow, Kingston, Hampstead 603-478-5505
- Portsmouth, Newcastle, Rye 603-427-9300